Monday, September 22, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JON, MICHAEL AND NATALIE

We celebrated Jon and Michael's 20th birthdays on Sunday with the family over for dinner. Natalie's 23rd birthday was this week also, but she celebrated in Idaho with her roommates. We missed her and Michael and hope that someone in Argentina wished Michael a "happy birthday". It's been a time of reflection for me, bringing back lots of happy memories of the birth of each one of our children. We are so blessed and I feel grateful for the opportunity to be a mother and now a grandmother. There is nothing like the joy that can be felt in the family. We wish Jon, Natalie and Michael a very successful and happy year.

With the assault on the traditional family, I feel especially grateful for the teachings of the gospel and the teachings of my parents. I encourage everyone who reads this to take some time to read and discuss "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" given by the First Presidency of the Church thirteen years ago. The truths stated there are more vital now than when it was given and seem to me to be critical for the success of our nation. With all the challenges that every family has, trying to model our families on this pattern is a real safeguard against forces of evil in the world.

Steve, Heidi, Michael and Kaitlyn enjoyed some lounging time.

Brooklyn found some safety glasses in her explorations of Michael's bedroom and wanted us all to wear them. So, here we are, ready for a game of racquet ball, or whatever. Shortly after we took the picture, Brooklyn walked into the wall.... good thing she had her safety glasses on!

Micheal is learning to fly! "Swing me Uncle Jon!!"

We love having the family get together whenever possible.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I wish I was there... it looked like a lot of fun! Mom, I saw just a glimpse of your new couch in one of the pictures. You should put more on so I can see what they look like!

Brook & Travis said...

It's so fun to see what your family is up to! Love the story of Brooklyn in the safety glasses! Kids are too funny. Very impressed that your family has taken on the Biggest Loser challenge and wish you all good luck! Any trips to Kanab soon?

The Fergi Fam said...

I love your family! It's so fun to see what you guys are up to! :)
Meagan