Saturday, August 23, 2008

I've been to Heaven...

1. I few weeks ago we bought a used Chevy Malibu for Natalie to take to school. Todd nick-named it the "Nalibu".. It's a pretty nice little car, but was missing a hub cap. Before she left for school I wanted to find a used hubcap for it so I looked on the internet and saw lots of options, most of which were way too much money. Then I saw it. . . "Hubcap Heaven". I called them and they told me that in fact, they had three Chevy Malibu hubcaps in stock. I hoped in the Nalibu and drove to 3300 South and 1275 West, very close to where we went to test drive another old car a few weeks ago. I pulled up in front of the store, and as I walked in to their shiny showroom filled with lots of chrome wheels, the nice man behind the counter said, "he went to pull your hubcap"... not, "Hello, can I help you", or "good morning".

I asked him how he knew what I needed, and he answered, "This is Heaven!" Little did I know! Right here in south Salt Lake!


2. So, we settled Natalie, with the Nalibu, in Pocatello for her last year of graduate school at ISU. As we drove into town through the campus, we were comforted to see that nothing has changed. . . the large block "I" on the hillside is still there, looking like it's going to slide off at the first big rainstorm. Fortunately it doesn't rain often. No, seriously, Natalie was kind of excited to return to school and we even met one of her friends from her speech pathology program at Walmart with her parents. Natalie's new apartment is sweet! We never had it so nice!! We wish her the best of experiences in this school year. We will miss her here at home.
This is the clubhouse gathering room, with a small kitchen, a workout room, a tv room, and a piano practice room.
The grounds between the buildings...
Saying goodbye..
Now what do we do?
There's always laundry.. washer and dryer combo right in the apartment!!

4 comments:

Terry Family said...

Is it just me or does every college apartment have those exact same plaid couches? I think they must mass market to college towns or something

Dahly Mama said...

It's not just you, Heidi!! I think somewhere in China, there must be a sofa factory where they got a set of patterns 25 years ago or more and no one has been able to smuggle in any new ones since!!!
They are "loverly"!!
How are your new roomies and school so far Natalie? Have a blast 'o fun this last year!!!

Dahly Mama said...

whoops!! I had been looking at Natalie's and forgot I'd gone on to yours, Lorraine!! So pass that message on to her, k??
How are you doing these days?? It's good to hear how mike's doing weekly. Now if you could just get Jon to email us all and let us know how he's doing!!! Has he started school yet? All of our college kids started yesterday!!! Fun and busy times!

Brook & Travis said...

"Hubcap Heaven"...love it! Yeah what IS with those plaid couches, I had the same ones when I was in college in green. Funny! Lorraine, your grandkids are getting so big and so cute! I've never seen any of them in person either. It's been way too long since we've seen your family! Your family campout looked like lots of good times!